- What is the Median Job Proximity Index?
- What is the Population Count?
- What is the Population Density?
- What is the Land Area?
- What is the Percent who did not finish the 9th grade?
- What is the Student Teacher Ratio?
- What is the Median Earnings?
- What is the Number of Employees?
- What is the Percent Without Health Insurance?
- What is the Mean Environmental Health Hazard Index?
The mean job proximity index of Cook County, IL was 50 in 2015.
Median Jobs Proximity Index
The jobs proximity index quantifies access to employment opportunities in a region. Values are percentile ranked and range from 0 to 100, with higher values corresponding to better access to jobs. Data is computed for U.S. counties by applying summary statistics across all census tracts present in a county and is current as of 2015.
The underlying index quantifies the accessibility of a given residential neighborhood as a function of its distance to all job locations within a census tract, with distance to larger employment centers weighted more heavily. Specifically, a gravity model is used, where the accessibility (Ai) of a given residential block-group is a summary description of the distance to all job locations, with the distance from any single job location positively weighted by the size of employment (job opportunities) at that location and inversely weighted by the labor supply (competition) to that location.
Jobs and Job Proximity Datasets Involving Cook County, IL
- API data.macoupincountyil.gov | Last Updated 2015-12-21T21:41:22.000Z
All maps, permits, applications and various documents filed with the County Clerk's office from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources regarding mines in Macoupin County.
- API midashboard.michigan.gov | Last Updated 2017-10-19T18:29:24.000Z
Open Michigan (OpenMichigan@michigan.gov) is the official State of Michigan account. Any items created by other user accounts are not endorsed by the State of Michigan.