- What is the Water Area?
- What is the Population Count?
- What is the Population Density?
- What is the Percent who did not finish the 9th grade?
- What is the Student Teacher Ratio?
- What is the Median Earnings?
- What is the Mean Job Proximity Index?
- What is the Number of Employees?
- What is the Percent Without Health Insurance?
- What is the Mean Environmental Health Hazard Index?
The land area of Howard County, MD was 251 in 2018.
Land area is a measurement providing the size, in square miles, of the land portions of geographic entities for which the Census Bureau tabulates and disseminates data. Area is calculated from the specific boundary recorded for each entity in the Census Bureau's geographic database. Land area is based on current information in the TIGER® data base, calculated for use with Census 2010.
Water Area figures include inland, coastal, Great Lakes, and territorial sea water. Inland water consists of any lake, reservoir, pond, or similar body of water that is recorded in the Census Bureau's geographic database. It also includes any river, creek, canal, stream, or similar feature that is recorded in that database as a two- dimensional feature (rather than as a single line). The portions of the oceans and related large embayments (such as Chesapeake Bay and Puget Sound), the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea that belong to the United States and its territories are classified as coastal and territorial waters; the Great Lakes are treated as a separate water entity. Rivers and bays that empty into these bodies of water are treated as inland water from the point beyond which they are narrower than 1 nautical mile across. Identification of land and inland, coastal, territorial, and Great Lakes waters is for data presentation purposes only and does not necessarily reflect their legal definitions.
Geographic and Area Datasets Involving Howard County, MD
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2020-02-21T20:26:05.000Z
Calls for Service by computer aided dispatch (CAD) event type, date, time, location, statistical reporting area (SRA), and beat.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-12-12T16:57:41.000Z
Issued Permits: 01/01/2010 - Present
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-11-14T16:17:25.000Z
One record for each emergency response by a Fire Department member, including rank and career / volunteer / contingent status of personnel which responded. This is an expansion of data available in the Howard County Fire And Rescue Incidents data set. Further detail is available in the Howard County Fire and Rescue Personnel Responses data set.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2018-05-03T20:39:24.000Z
The County holds an annual Tax Sale in May or June of each year. Tax lien certificates for properties with delinquent taxes, water and sewer bills or other liens will be auctioned to the highest bidder. On or about March 1, the County will send a delinquent notice to all property owners with delinquent bills and advertise the delinquent properties in the Howard County Times / Columbia Flier for at least four weeks prior to the sale.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-11-14T16:11:59.000Z
One record for each emergency response by a Fire Department unit, including dispatch and response times, action taken, and counts of personnel which responded. This is an expansion of data available in the Howard County Fire And Rescue Incidents data set. Further detail is available in the Howard County Fire and Rescue Personnel Responses data set.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-11-14T15:48:05.000Z
Emergency incidents created by HCPD's 911 Dispatch Center and classified as Fire, Rescue or Emergency Medical Service (EMS) calls. Not all of these incidents are created as cases, and thus not all of these incidents have a matching record in the Howard County Fire & Rescue Incidents table.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-09-16T14:34:20.000Z
This data set includes the age-adjusted death rates as published by the Vital Statistics Administration, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for both Maryland and Howard County. The rates are adjusted to the 2000 U.S. standard population by the direct method and are calculated per 100,000 population.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-12-12T16:54:16.000Z
Active Electric & Utility (Trade) Contractors licensed by Howard County
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-12-03T13:03:42.000Z
This dataset includes all vendors who received one or more payments of $30,000 or more from Howard County, via the payment methods of Purchase Orders or Parked Documents, during the course of a fiscal year. Includes data from FY10 through FY19 and will be updated annually.
- API opendata.howardcountymd.gov | Last Updated 2019-11-14T16:40:00.000Z
One record for each incident on which Howard County Fire was called to assist another county.